Professional Bike Fitting
Improved Comfort / Better Performance
Investing in a professional bike fitting is critical to getting the most out of your cycling experience. Each cyclist, from first time novice to professional racer, will benefit from proper positioning, optimizing comfort, and efficiency. At Gerk’s we specialize in the Body Geometry Fit method, developed by Specialized and the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine.
Custom Footbed from Master Fit will maximum power, performance and comfort. Schedule a footbed appointment along with your fitting service.
GERK'S BIKE FIT
(Aero Bikes $300)
The Gerk's Bike Fit if our premier fitting package. This service includes a basic physical assessment of the lower extremities, basic flexibility testing and general strength testing. We assess all contact points of the bicycle(foot/pedal, saddle and handlebars). A typical Gerk's Fit takes but is not limited to 2-3 hours.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- We offer a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you can not make your appointment inside of 24 hours we charge a $50 fee.
- Please arrive with a clean functioning bike. We do not service or clean bicycles during a Bike Fit.
- Please come prepared to your fit appointment with all your usual riding equipment including a clean riding outfit, shoes and helmet. If you have any fit related parts(the touch points of the bike) you wish to install, please bring them. A Bike Fit is the ideal time to change out an old saddle, cleats, worn bar tape, grips, shoes and insoles.
- If your bike uses proprietary or integrated parts such as a one-piece Handlebar/Stem, understand that in most cases, replacing these parts will need to go through the manufacturer.
- If you are brining a newly purchased bike, be sure to bring with you any small parts or accessories the bike may have come with.
A Seattle native, Russell Stevenson is a life long PNW cyclist. He began racing at the age of 15. He went on to enjoy a professional career in Road, Cyclocross and XC MTB Racing, wining numerous Elite and Masters National titles as well as a 2013 World Championship. His decades of professional racing experience led him to career in industry outside sales, personal coaching, bike fitting and now event promotion. When not at Gerk’s, Russell runs a NW Bicycle Events Production company, Off Camber Productions. As a Bike Fit professional, Russell holds numerous accreditation’s including; Bike Fit Systems, Slow Twitch and Specialized BG. His fitting philosophy in simple; Meet the body where it’s at to promote and ensure greater comfort, efficiency and performance.